Asthma Home Visit Program
The Asthma Education and Prevention home Visit Program is a free service offered by the Florida Department of Health in Seminole County to help children and families gain control of their asthma.
Trained staff members will help you learn how to address asthma triggers at home, reduce asthma symptoms, and correctly use asthma medication.
Who is eligible for the home visit program?
- Any child ages 5-18 years old
- Resides in Seminole County and surrounding counties
- Diagnosed with asthma
Asthma home visits can help reduce asthma symptoms. Asthma home visits are conducted by a team of trained community health workers and health educators that can help:
- Reduce asthma triggers at home.
- Reduce asthma symptoms.
- Learn how to correctly use asthma medication.
- Miss fewer days of school or work.
- Learn about the benefits of an asthma action plan for work, home, and school.
- Work with doctors to help keep asthma under control.
- Reduce unwanted doctor visits and hospitalizations.
The program includes 3 home visits to:
- Conduct a home assessment to identify and help eliminate asthma triggers.
- Assess and increase family’s knowledge about asthma.
For more information or to enroll, call 407-665-3032.
Asthma home visit participants had 21 fewer symptom-days per year with 12 fewer school days missed annually.