Florida Healthy Babies
The Florida Healthy Babies is a statewide initiative to positively influence social determinants of health and reduce racial disparities in infant mortality.
The Florida Healthy Babies Initiative engages Florida’s 67 county health departments as well as other public and private sector partners to identify, evaluate, prioritize, and address health disparities with evidence-based interventions.
This Initiative represents the collective strength of these partners working together to improve the health and well-being of all Floridians.
Benefits and Services:
Florida Healthy Babies provides classes, training and workshops to pregnant women, mothers with infants, families and the community in general. Assistance is available in Spanish (Hablamos Español).
- Childbirth Classes
- Weekly Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Prevention Classes are offered every Wednesday at the Sanford and Casselberry offices
- Sanford Office, 400 W. Airport Boulevard, Sanford, FL 32773 at 9 a.m.
- Casselberry Office, 132 Sausalito Boulevard, Casselberry, FL 32707
- Car Seat Education Progam and Inspections. View the Car Seat Education Program and Inspection Stations Times and Locations.
- Training and workshops on infant mortality to community groups.
- Community referrals
- Referrals to health department programs (WIC, Dental, Tobacco)
Healthy Start Program
For information on the Healthy Start Program visit the Healthy Start Coalition.