Office of Vital Statistics in Seminole County Birth Certificates
A computer generated birth certificate that contains a State File Number and embossed seal is accepted as the official certification of birth and is recognized as such by all agencies. A computer copy of birth certificates of all Florida births from 1917 to the present are available for a cost of $15.00 for each certified copy. Additional computer copies for the same person are $8.00 each.
Please Note: The birth certificate for a new born is not automatically mailed to the parent after birth. The parent must apply for the birth certificate through a Vital Statistics office and pay the proper fee.
If the applicant was not born in Florida, please visit the CDC National Center for Health Statistics website for information on how to order your birth certificate.
There are three ways you can purchase State of Florida birth certificate with the Florida Department of Health in Seminole County.
1. In-person: You can download your application and come to the following location:
Florida Department of Health in Seminole County
400 West Airport Boulevard
Sanford, Florida 32773
Hours of operations: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2. Mail: You can mail in your application with a copy of a valid ID and payment to 400 West Airport Boulevard, Sanford, Florida 32773; attention: Vital Statistics. Acceptable payments are American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Money order or Cash. Acceptable identifications include Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, and/or Military ID. If you do not have a valid ID, please call 407-665-3226 to determine if another form of identification can be substituted.
3. Online: Birth Certificates can be ordered online at VitalChek or call customer service at 1-877-550-7330.
Note: Be aware that, in addition to the cost of the certification there are additional fees for using the VitalChek services.
Forms of payment accepted:
- Money Order
- American Express
Birth Certificates are also issued in most Tax Collector Locations in Seminole County. Please visit their website www.seminoletax.org for locations.
Cost for a Florida Birth Certificate is $21.25 when issued at the Tax Collector office. Birth Certificates issued at the Tax Collector Office listed are only issued to parents named on birth record or the child listed if of 18 years of age with a valid identification.
Who can request a birth certificate?
Births less than 100 years old are confidential and may only be issued to:
- Registrant (name on the record) if of legal age (18)
- Parent(s) listed on the Birth Record
- Legal guardian (must provide guardianship papers)
- Legal representative of one of the above persons (must provide documentation)
- By Court Order (must provide copy of court order)
- Upon receipt of registrant’s death record, a birth certificate marked “Deceased” may be issued to the spouse, child, grandchild, or sibling, if of legal age. Please notate “Registrant Deceased” on the application and include a photocopy of the death certificate.
VALID PHOTO IDENTIFICATION IS REQUIRED WHEN REQUESTING A BIRTH RECORD.
If applicant is not one of the above, the application must be accompanied with a notarized Affidavit to Release a Birth Certificate (DH Form 1958) signed by one of the above, along with any supporting documentation and a copy of valid photo ID of both the person authorizing release and the applicant.
Ordering a Florida Birth Certificate
Any person who willfully and knowingly provides any false information on a certificate, record or report required by Chapter 382, Florida Statutes, or on an application or affidavit, or who obtains confidential information from any Vital Record under false or fraudulent purposes, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in Chapter 775, Florida Statutes.
Please note that limited births were recorded between 1850 and 1917.