- FDOH reminds everyone to DRAIN and COVER
- Emergency Order for Hurricane Dorian
- Hurricane Dorian
- Florida Surgeon General Scott A. Rivkees Issues Public Health Emergency in Response to Hepatitis A Outbreak
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez And Florida Surgeon General Scott A. Rivkees Meet With Martin County Stakeholders And Community Leaders To Discuss Hepatitis A Outbreak
- DOH-Seminole - Rabies Alert Issued for Seminole County
- DOH-Seminole - Prevent Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
- DOH - Seminole County Health Department Encourages HIV Testing During National HIV Testing Day
- DOH-Seminole Florida Department of Health Urges Residents and Visitors to Prepare for Hurricane Season
Following a hurricane, heavy rain or flooding, there is an increase of floodwater mosquitoes. Excess water allows eggs laid in once dry soil to develop into adult mosquitoes. Floodwater mosquitoes typically don’t carry diseases, but they can harm recovery efforts, and disease-carrying mosquitoes will re-populate after a natural disaster because of excess standing water. That’s why it’s important for individuals and communities to drain water at home, in neighborhoods and at places of work to help control mosquito populations and prevent disease outbreaks. The Florida Department of Health (FDOH) reminds everyone to DRAIN and COVER.Full Story on FloridaHealth.gov
Hepatitis A Virus is a vaccine-preventable form of infectious hepatitis.
1. Hepatitis A is contagious and can harm your liver.
2. Prevent the spread of hepatitis A. Talk to your health care provider about getting vaccinated.
3. The hepatitis A vaccine is safe and effective.
The Hepatitis A information line is available to the public to answer questions regarding Hepatitis A activity in Florida. The information line is available Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm EST during normal business hours. The toll free number is 1-844-CALL-DOH (844-225-5364)
You may email your questions to: HepA@flhealth.govLearn More about Hepatitis A
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals