- Florida Surgeon General Scott A. Rivkees Issues Public Health Emergency in Response to Hepatitis A Outbreak
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez And Florida Surgeon General Scott A. Rivkees Meet With Martin County Stakeholders And Community Leaders To Discuss Hepatitis A Outbreak
- FDOH Urges Summer Safety with Tips for Swimming, Grilling and Chilling
- Florida Department of Health Encourages Safety this 4th of July
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nunez and Florida Surgeon General Scott A. Rivkees Confirm CDC to Partner in Hepatitis A Outbreak Response
- DOH-Seminole - Rabies Alert Issued for Seminole County
- DOH-Seminole - Prevent Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
- DOH - Seminole County Health Department Encourages HIV Testing During National HIV Testing Day
- DOH-Seminole Florida Department of Health Urges Residents and Visitors to Prepare for Hurricane Season
Today, Florida Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees declared a Public Health Emergency to address the increase in Hepatitis A cases in Florida due to the current national outbreak. The declaration builds upon the Public Health Advisory that was issued by the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) on November 18, 2018 and reemphasizes the importance of the Hepatitis A vaccination as the best way to prevent Hepatitis A infection.Full Story on FloridaHealth.gov
Hepatitis A Virus is a vaccine-preventable form of infectious hepatitis.
1. Hepatitis A is contagious and can harm your liver.
2. Prevent the spread of hepatitis A. Talk to your health care provider about getting vaccinated.
3. The hepatitis A vaccine is safe and effective.
The Hepatitis A information line is available to the public to answer questions regarding Hepatitis A activity in Florida. The information line is available Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm EST during normal business hours. The toll free number is 1-844-CALL-DOH (844-225-5364)
You may email your questions to: HepA@flhealth.govLearn More about Hepatitis A
Beat the Back to School Rush
Main Office-Florida Department of Health in Seminole County Sanford
June 14-August 30, 2019
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals